Founded in 1996, GCS Information Technology Services, Inc. is a leading provider of helpdesk, desktop, managed network support, managed hosting, data backup, disaster recovery, business continuity support, and services.
Our mission is to make technology work for our clients, whether that means implementing an onsite helpdesk, providing break/fix services, hosting complex applications, conducting network security audits at regular intervals, ensuring disaster recovery plans are in place, and/or resolving problems with servers. GCS helps companies realize the full value of information technology from anywhere at any time.
The Security Analyst will be responsible for analyzing external and internal threats to protect sensitive data in customers’ networks. We have Network Security monitoring tool installed at customers’ computers, servers and Network infrastructure. This monitoring tool generates alerts. Security Analyst will review alters, mark false positives in the system so that they are not generated again and research on positive alerts. Provide recommendations to concerned teams and work with them to ensure implementation of corrective actions.
- Duties include incident handling, incident response and escalation to concerned teams and management. Security Analyst will support network security infrastructure and controls, including, but not limited to Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), firewalls, VPN, intrusion detection/prevention, Network Behavior Anomaly Detection, Network Level Advanced Malware Protection.
- Assist in evaluating and developing solutions for complex network security and protection technologies for enterprise and service provider environment
- Perform ticket handling of the security events, ongoing tuning of security solutions, review security infrastructure.
- Assist in developing and implementing security incident response and operations process.
- Create incident reports, documentation for security events as necessary. Assist with gathering and reporting metrics regarding security events, vulnerabilities, and alerts.
- Maintain and enhance the threat/vulnerability management and remediation process
- Support periodic network and application security penetration testing activities, including scheduling, resources, tool execution, and reporting.
- Participate in incident triage, analysis, response, and remediation for network intrusions and attacks.
- Assist in conducting periodic audits to assess security/risk
- Assist in developing network-specific, system-specific, and application-specific information security policies, guidelines, standards, procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or other Technology field is preferred.
- 2-3 years of networking or security experience
- Experience with firewall technologies, IPS/IDS, VPN, SIEM, NetFlow, NAC, vulnerability scanning tools, URL filtering, DLP and other security tools is preferred
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity and Risk Management frameworks such as COBIT, NIST and ISO 27001 is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to assimilate, analyze and correlate large amounts of forensic data from various network, operating system, application, and security devices, logs, and alerts
- Experience in security incident handling, operations and forensics preferred
- Experience in handling security for a large enterprise network or service provider network preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple deadlines
- Ability and willingness to take on additional tasks as assigned
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, OSCP and SANS GIAC is a plus
Location: Lahore or Multan
Shift: Night (6pm-3am)
Where to apply: email@example.com With subject line: VoIP Engineer.
- Market Competitive Salary
- Provident Fund
- Annual Bonus & Eid Bonus
- Annual Leaves
- Bi-Annual Performance based Increments