Founded in 1996, GCS Information Technology Services, Inc. is a leading provider of helpdesk, desktop, managed network support, managed hosting, data backup, disaster recovery, business continuity support, and services.
Our mission is to make technology work for our clients, whether that means implementing an onsite helpdesk, providing break/fix services, hosting complex applications, conducting network security audits at regular intervals, ensuring disaster recovery plans are in place, and/or resolving problems with servers. GCS helps companies realize the full value of information technology from anywhere at any time.
Linux Administrator will be responsible to install, configure and maintain Linux Operating systems. Analyze and resolve problems associated with the operating system server, hardware, application, and software. Being a Linux Administrator monitor systems performance and ensures compliance with security standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 4+ years of experience
- Hands on experience of hosting and server deployment on hosting and cloud platforms like OVH, AWS, HostGator, GoDaddy, etc.
- Ability to deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems
- Installation, administration and troubleshooting of all Linux OS including knowledge of basic commands, security management, rights management, package installation, boot sequence, and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skills to coordinate and communicate with foreign clients to gather requirements, identify issues and maintain written documentation
- Installation and Maintenance of Company’s deployment servers on Cloud
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of services on Linux servers, including but not limited to APACHE web server, MySQL, LDAP, Nagios, Samba, NFS, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Considerable knowledge of bash or Python scripting for administration and automation.
- Perform routine after-hours maintenance and emergency support as needed
- Knowledge of Linux Virtualization software and container technology such as KVM, OpenVZ, LXC and other Virtualization platforms such as ESXI and VMware
- In depth knowledge of the Linux Operating System Enterprise Linux – including understanding of kernel tuning and OS monitoring tools
- Familiar with software project build automation (“make”, Maven) and Build and Integration tools (Jenkins)
- Proficient with scripting in Shell (bash, ksh) and Python
- Working knowledge in an orchestration and configuration management tool (preferably Ansible)
- In depth knowledge in IaaS public clouds (Azure or preferable AWS)
- Good understanding in Infrastructure and security services like Load Balancing, Firewall, TLS encryption etc
- Good architectural experience in component placement for a traditional 3 tier application and microservices based applications
- Proficiency in production troubleshooting, including distributed systems
- Working knowledge of Linux Containerized environments (one of “Open Contained Initiative”, Docker, CoreOS)
- Good working knowledge with Monitoring tools – both at the OS and Application level
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Application Containerization and Kubernetes Clusters
- Familiar with agile methodologies in Operations and Development
- Familiar with an SLO-based (Service Level Objectives) management style
- Strong interpersonal skills and team management proficiency
- Clear vision on strategy, road to success and phases of deliver
Location: Lahore or Multan
Shift: Night (8pm-5am)
Where to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Market Competitive Salary
- Provident Fund
- Annual Bonus & Eid Bonus
- Annual Leaves
- Bi-Annual Performance Bonus