Network EngineerMarch 17, 2022 Comments Off on Network Engineer
Great Computer Solutions
Founded in 1996, GCS Information Technology Services, Inc. is a leading provider of helpdesk, desktop, managed network support, managed hosting, data backup, disaster recovery, business continuity support, and services.
Our mission is to make technology work for our clients, whether that means implementing an onsite helpdesk, providing break/fix services, hosting complex applications, conducting network security audits at regular intervals, ensuring disaster recovery plans are in place, and/or resolving problems with servers. GCS helps companies realize the full value of information technology from anywhere at any time.
Maintains networking environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades/updates; monitoring network performance for organization and clients; plan and deploy updated network hardware and software.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation, maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Setup and configure; site to site tunnels; SSLVPN and IPSEC Remote Dial VPN; configure ACL and Policies; access point and bridges; point to point and multi-point ap’s; routing protocols
- Proven experience in a network engineer role on Level 2 for MSP
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Experience with firewalls (Fortinet, Barracuda, CISCO, Dell SonicWALL etc), Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of networking infrastructure, set up and configure networking hardware and software
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking, Proven experience of working to Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Remote support of network devices and hardware
- Troubleshooting L2 issues relating to Packets, hardware and software
- Associate Level certification (Fortinet, Cisco, Juniper or equivalent) CCNA, Network+, CCNP, CCSP, CCVP, NSE4 or equivalent
- MS/BS/BSc degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
- With at least 5 years’ experience in network & system administration role
Location: Lahore & Multan
Shift: Night (6pm-3am)
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Provident Fund
- Bi-annual performance-based increments
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Annual Leaves